The Consumer Electronics Association’s (CEA(R)) 2007 Industry Forum is a four-day conference designed to inform, connect and educate consumer electronics professionals, industry analysts and media on the latest trends, technologies and legislation affecting the industry. The event will take place on Sunday, October 14 – Wednesday, October 17, 2007 at the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego, CA.
- The 2007 Holiday Sales and Forecasts Presentation where CEA industry analysts will release new CE industry projections for holiday sales and debut the hottest products for the holiday season at 9 a.m., Monday, Oct. 15.
- The first-ever release of worldwide CE sales statistics from CEA Market Research will be presented at the International CE Ownership and Market Potential session at 2 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 16.
- A luncheon keynote address by Barney Wragg, Global Head of Digital, EMI Group, will occur on Monday at noon. Wragg will discuss EMI’s recent implementation of the DRM-free (digital rights management) format.
- A keynote luncheon address by Chip Heath, co-author of New York Times Bestseller Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die, will take place at noon on Tuesday, Oct. 16
- News and developments from the 2008 International CES will be featured at a CES press briefing at 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 16.
- The CE Hall Fame Dinner, which is open to press, will be held on Tuesday evening, where 11 new members of the CE Hall of Fame will be inducted and honored for their efforts to improve the lifestyles of consumers. Honorees include Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft, Amar Bose, founder and chairman of Bose Electronics, William Crutchfield, founder of Crutchfield catalogue and Richard M. Schulze, founder and chairman of Best Buy.
- A variety of interactive conference sessions on issues such acoustic branding and scent marketing, the latest in the distributed content environment, brand protection, international CE ownership and market potential, as well as the latest trends in the eToy category.