SAME 2007 forum (Sophia Antipolis forum on MicroElectronics) is a major European microelectronics event where attendees can meet key market players: industrial leaders, start-ups, and academics. SAME 2007 Forum provides a venue for discussions and technical knowledge sharing with the opportunity to meet industrials, high-tech companies displaying and demonstrating microelectronic related products.
SAME Forum Highlights
- More than 1 000 visitors, 25 sponsors, 40 speakers and over 40 exhibitors
- An international symposium dedicated to advanced technological developments within the microelectronic sector
- Facilitated access to a global network of top decision makers and worldwide business opportunities
- Forum where the microelectronics industry exhibits world wide leading edge products and advanced technologies
- Thematic conferences and tutorials on state of the art and new technologies
- The recognized quality of the technical conferences contributes to the growing success of this event, highly accredited by researchers, university institutions and the microelectronic industry
- The Exhibition Theater, with 30mn presentations on New Microelectronic Products from our sponsors & exhibitors
- Start-ups focus: a panel dedicated and shared booth
SAME 2007 Agenda
Keynote: Dilemmas in the Semiconductor Industry
October 3, 2007 – 10:00 – 10:45
Jean-Philippe DAUVIN, ST Chief Economist Emeritus, Cabinet Décision
Executive Panel: Strategy & growth opportunities in the microelectronics industry
October 3, 2007 – 10:45 – 12:15
Microelectronics are at the heart of all electronic devices that we use in our daily life. Previously focusing on telecommunications and computing, microelectronics now have a broader scope of applications including automotive, security and identification, healthcare and lighting. Despite its cyclic character, this sector does not stop growing, a fact which classifies it among the strategic industries that contribute to the world economy. The panel will bring together corporate executives, start-ups, venture capitalists and analysts who will share their views on the future of this market and the winning strategies to adopt for continuous growth.
Start-ups Round Table
October 3, 2007 – 13:00 – 14:30
SAME 2007 will feature carefully selected high-tech start-ups developing new technologies and applications for the Microelectronics industry. The panel will inform the audience about innovative products currently being developed and commercialised by these companies coming from all over Europe. SAME, in the context of the European project ACHIEVE (a project focusing on Start-up coaching), will also provide support in terms of business development for each start-up. During the last edition, more than 60 individual business meetings were organized for the 6 start-ups that attended the event, confirming the high level of interest for this part of the program at SAME. This year SAME will attribute a price (“The Best Start-up at SAME”) to the start-up that will perform the best presentation during the panel. The jury will be composed of a mix of industrials, VCs and journalists.
Technical Panel: Multi-standard Development Efficiency
October 4, 2007 – 9:00 – 10:15
The continuous growth of mobile products with increasing features like multi-standard capabilities demands new techniques to develop systems in a more efficient way. Digital circuits with reconfigurable instruction sets, analog IC with multistandard transceivers, multiple software protocol stacks are only a few examples of the new challenges that will have to be faced today. It essentially involves joint development between software/hardware and IP reuse methodology to solve the complexity associated with a reconfigurable architecture.
October 3 – 4
- Tutorial 1: Free Electrons
Building a 2MB ARM Linux graphical demo from scratch.
- Tutorial 2: Centillium
How broad is your broadband connection? Jean-Yves Michel, Dr. Guozhu Long.
- Tutorial 3: ARM
SOI: A First Step Towards Future.
- Tutorial 4: Texas Instruments
- Tutorial 5: University of Modena
Low Frequency Noise in Microelectronics.
- Tutorial 6: Insight SiP, Texas Instruments, NXP
From SiP to Full 3D Integration.
DLP(TM) – MEMS Based Displays and Beyond.
October 3 – 4
6 Sessions & 16 Technical presentations dedicated to the following subjects:
- RF (by University of Vinnitsa, Excem, University of Modena)
- Advanced Design (by Cadence, Infineon Technologies)
- Advanced Solutions (by Freescale Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies)
- Memory (by Virage Logic, NXP Semiconductors)
- Tools and Methodologies (by Texas Instruments, Synfora, Esterel Technologies)
- Mixed Signal (by CSEM, RWTH Aachen University, Mentor Graphics, Atmel)
- October 3, > 9:30 AM (Official Opening) to 6:00 PM
- October 4, > 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
SAME 2007 Forum will close on October 4 at: 4:45 PM with the Official Cocktail and awards.
SAME 2007 Forum
10th Edition Sophia Antipolis forum on MicroElectronics
October, 3 & 4, 2007
300, Route des Crêtes
06902 Sophia Antipolis – France