According to an In-Stat report, there has been a sharp escalation in the development and marketing of edutainment toys aimed at toddlers, grade-school children, and infants. The edutainment market is distinguished by innovative uses of existing technology typically found in mainstream consumer electronics products. Therefore, semiconductor companies now have an opportunity to leverage existing, portable, multimedia solutions in order to power products found in the price-sensitive edutainment toy market.
- 68% of respondents have heard of edutainment toys
- 17% of respondents have purchased an edutainment toy for a child
- The worldwide market for edutainment toys will reach $7.3 billion by 2011
- Tech savvy Baby Boomers are the primary purchasers of edutainment toys
- Drivers for the edutainment market include lower technology costs and increased shelf space within mass-market retailers
The research, “Consumer Electronics Industry Will Benefit From Growth in Edutainment Toy Market” (#IN0703424ID), covers the worldwide market for edutainment toys. It includes worldwide forecasts for unit shipments, average sales prices, and revenue for edutainment toys through 2011. It also includes new primary research about consumer knowledge and purchase decisions regarding edutainment toys. Finally, it examines the semiconductor content found in a typical, portable edutainment product on the market today. The price is $3,495 (US). Order now and receive a free toy.
More info: Edutainment Toy Market »